Dear Family,
Wow, 14 seems quite big print. But 10 was way to small. It has been a busy week for us. Our Hawaiian Sister was leaving our area on Wednesday so we spent a lot of Tuesday taking her around saying goodbye to all her friends here. (The sisters were without a car this week) Sister Kalahiki was well liked, she taught grammy how to hula. Since all missionaries have bikes, and we were the ones to drive the sisters to Little Rock for transfers. We tried to buy a bike rack to fit our car, so we could take her bike. Bike racks come in three main types. One fastens to the luggage rack on top of your car (which we don't have). One fits into the bumper stinger on the back of your car (which we don't have). The other type fastens to your trunk with straps you tighten. They fit almost all cars, the only exception is cars that have raised spoilers on the trunk. Guess what? We have a raised spoiler. So Tuesday evening we went to the sisters and practiced getting all of Sister Kalahiki stuff in our car. Luckily by taking off both her wheels and putting them and the bike in the trunk with all her luggage, every thing fit. Wednesday morning we got up at 5:30, got ready and left at 6:30. Good thing we have a good GPS, the only time we had been to the mission office in North Little Rock was last year the day we entered the mission. The Mission Office is out of a Stake Chapel building. Over half the mission was there, because there are only two transfer sites in the mission. One in North Little Rock, the other in Memphis, Tennessee. Memphis is a lot closer for us but we are in the Little Rock Area and besides Sister Kalahiki was being transferred to that area. 11 new missionaries came into our mission that day. The thing that was unusual was that only one missionary was from Utah, and he was from St George. We got a brand new missionary assigned to Paragould, she is Sister Taylor from Ames, Iowa. We like her, but she doesn't hula. With a 3 hour drive down, 2 hours in meetings, and 3 hours back, I was pooped. I feel asleep when we got back and didn't wake up until it was time for meetings at the branch chapel at 7:00.
Met a lady this week that lived in Alaska, she said when she gets her new Arkansas license plates I can have her Alaska ones. Hope that happens. We are visiting our local artist, I gave him some of my pictures. he is attempting to paint Indain Head for me.
As the missionaries in our mission we are all reading in the Book of Mormon at the same time. They started the end of September and read 9 pages a day, we will be done by the end of November. Kind of a neat thing to be at the same place altogether. I am still trying to finish from when I started at the beginning of summer. I start the Book of Moroni today, so I am almost finished with my own reading.
Mom here. I have been writing to the Grandchildren that has written to us so anything that has been left out in this letter will be in theirs.
We have been called to be teachers to the adults this time around. Dad is like a team teacher in the Gospel Doctrine class I hope it will be better then the last go around since they are again teaching from the Old Testament I am the 4th Sunday teacher in Relief Society. Since we only have about 5 months left I will only teach 5 lessons. It will be a big change for me since Primary seems to be where I have been for a while. It will be a change for Dad also there is a lot of difference from 12 year olds to adults.
We craved our pumpkin today with the help from our Sisters. We could have done it ourselves but they wanted to help so they basically craved the pumpkin. Dad cleaned it out and they craved. I am pretty sure that craving pumpkins was not something that they had even thought about. We used what the Laurel class had sent us. That was such a surprise especially since no one from the Ward really even writes us or keeps in contact except for Brother Lewman our new home teacher.
I feel tired all the time, I am really hoping that the change from daylight to regular time will help me not be so tired. I think that part of my problem is that this apartment faces the parking lot and a busy road. Late at night someone is outside honking their horn.
I need to get my bed made and fold up some clothes. Take care all Have a Happy Halloween going trick or treating.
Love Mom and Dad or Grammy and Papa
No comments:
Post a Comment